Friday, July 17, 2026

UPDATE: I’m Not That Impressed

I've lived in Florida almost all my life and I've been in the woods hunting, fishing, whatevering, and I've seen a shit load of bugs and have to deal with them but I'll be damned ... I'm not impressed, I'm gagging. Could you imagine trying to kiss that after she had that roach in her mouth ...


(That looks almost like what we call Palmetto Bugs here in Florida.)



While the names may vary in different areas, the ‘bug’ that landed on the reporter was an American Cockroach or a Smoky Cockroach. Had that been what we refer to as a Palmetto Bug in Florida, it would have gotten more of her attention. While I applaud her for her attention to duty, most females, including my wife, would have contracted a severe case of the heeby-jeeby convulsions and they would have still been flinching and brushing themselves off for several minutes. Women have been known to almost undress in public to get rid of a Palmetto Bug.

My wife refers to the Palmetto Bug as the armored cockroach because they appear heavy duty and they crunch audibly when you step on them.

Palmetto Bugs aka Florida Woods Cockroach or Stinkroach because of the smell they emit can be twice as big as the American or Smoky Cockroach.




https://x.com/KTLAMorningNews/status/2077394485903036823


Smoky Cockroach



Palmetto Bug

16 comments:

  1. I lived in Florida from 1958-2012. We always considered palmetto bugs to be just cockroaches that could fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than a few years I spent touring the world with Uncle Sam, I've lived in Florida from 1960 until 2026 and the bugs we refer to as Palmetto Bugs could never get their fat asses off the ground and their 'wings' are underdeveloped or non-existent.

      Delete
  2. That lady staying in character and finishing the job rates a saa-LUTE! from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, rickn8or, she did a much better job of handling that situation than a lot of women would have.

      Delete
  3. Just wait until they step off their porch or hike down among trees and run into a huge banana spider's web that cannot be pulled apart by most human and the damn spider jumps down on you thinking it hit a Golden Corral all you can eat buffet and you will be doing a Exorcist style rotation and doing dance moves that would humble most rappers. Oh, and there are Love Bugs and if an attached male/female fly into your mouth you ain't gonna be sucking on it... birds and other critters will not eat them! Never mind what squashed Love Bugs do to your windshield and paint if you don't get them off soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn right. Them banana spiders have some strong webbing. As a youngun', about 5 or 6, I was running through the woods down an old road to call my father for dinner and I ran into one of those things. I freaked out not only because I was wrapped up in the stickiest web I had ever seen, but by the size of the damn spider who scampered down to meet me until she saw I might fight back out of terror. After that I kept a stick with me at all times when in the woods. STILL carry a stick with me while walking in the woods.
      And yes, I keep a bucket of water with a little cleaner in it just inside the shop and during love-bug seasons, twice a year, I wash off all the spots on the truck where they tend to impact. They will destroy a paint job.

      Delete
  4. I’m calling AI bullshit on the bug in the mouth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could very well be. AI may be a great invention but I really hate having to decide if I can believe my own eyes anymore.

      Delete
  5. Effin nuts. If she wants something in her mouth maybe we could arrange it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm. Crunchy!
    -lg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After stepping on a few roaches, I would just starve to death if they were on the menu.

      Delete
  7. Eh,would hand blondie a toothbrush and some paste and be good to go excepting the damn nose ring,tis a deal breaker.....,the bug,not so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could ignore the nose ring for 10 minutes but that roach would be in the back of my mind strong enough for me to not want to make mouth to mouth contact for a LOOONNNGG time.

      Delete
  8. That's a Dubia roache, they sell them for pet food, lizards, turtles & stuff like that. Guess she has it for a pet, some girls will put anything in their mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand the pet food thing, that makes sense, but I will never understand putting something like that in your mouth ... never.

      Delete

Los Angeles Street Vendors Offer Third World Standards

(These street vendors couldn't PAY ME to eat any of the shit that gets shoveled out of cookers, pots, and pans that most likely do not g...