Friday, July 10, 2026

UPDATE: Pete Hegseth Intervenes In SC Flyover Asinine Decision

https://x.com/mattvanswol/status/2075559658001957022


The SC Apache flyover was the "Salute from the Shore" July 4th event, a low formation along the coast that looked epic to crowds. SC National Guard suspended the 8 pilots for a safety investigation into possible altitude/rule issues. Hegseth is personally intervening to lift the suspensions and back the crews.



https://x.com/nicksortor/status/2075432600777494787

17 comments:

  1. Whoever suspended them in the first place should be stripped of their rank and summarily ejected from the military.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did break rules.
      They should be called in and talked to. There are reasons for rules ... and there are exceptions for almost every rule. Then give 'em an attaboy for their show of patriotism and buy 'em a beer at the Officers Club.
      I'm thinking that whoever suspended them, did it to cover their ass because that's what the military higher-ups do. OR ... with all the DEI hires during the Obongo and Biden admins, we don't know who it was making that decision. Now he/she/it needs to back off and drop the suspension and clear their files.

      Delete
    2. I get it. From what I've seen on the news, this has been done before, so you think no biggie.
      But then, go back to the airline crash in D.C. because the helicopter pilot wasn't flying by the safety rules.
      Part of the nature of the military is aggressiveness and arrogance, so I'd hate to see the pilots reprimanded, but maybe a safety review wouldn't be out of order.
      -lg

      Delete
    3. Agreed. And no matter what the rules are, accidents will happen. If rules stopped accidents, the government would have eliminated all accidents by now, snicker.
      And it's our 250TH ANNIVERSARY dude. YAY !!

      Delete
  2. Anyone that spent 4 minutes in the military knows this is wrong. It is only a matter of time before one of this stunts goes south.

    Yes it looks epic, it is cool and had I been on the beach I would have loved to see it. Having said that, there is a reason why the military has all the rules it has for members operating their equipment.

    This is not the first time this kind of stunts take place and Hegseth is now encouraging more.
    The average Apache pilot is in his mid 20's, the Apache Helicopter is 40-50 million.
    In the picture you have 4, twentysomethings playing with 160-200 million dollars over civilians.

    What could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a shitload more than 4 minutes in the military and I think it was awesome. Military pilots are very well trained and yes, accidents do occur but they are very few and far between.
      Hegseth and those pilots are right. Should there be an investigation ... yeah, maybe. Should they get a talking to ... maybe ... and after the talking to, a big ole attaboy and a pat on the back.
      Maybe you should find a big ole bubble to stay in the rest of your life. Be sure to wear a mask.

      Delete
  3. $10 will get you $20 that you've never spent even a minute in the military. Unless there are specific flight profiles filed for training missions, pilots have a LOT of discretion as to where they fly. These guys just happened to fly low and slow to the delight of thousands of patriotic citizens. Those kids who saw the fly-by will remember it for the rest of their lives and, dollars to donuts, there will be more than a few who are going to be inspired to grow up and join the military because of it.

    Now, go fuck off and keep fucking off until you've fucked yourself out of existence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Karl, that was meant for the brave anon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize ... I understood B.C.
      I concur.

      Delete
  5. Not as impressive as a BUFF doing a low pass over a bunch of Boy Scouts canoeing around the Keweenaw Peninsula.

    BTW, you can dip a cup in and drink Lake Superior in most places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B-52's are unforgettable. I made a few trips in them. They are very impressive.

      I've always heard that Lake Superior ranks almost at the top of the list of U.S. lakes as far as water clarity goes.

      Delete
  6. I would have loved to watch that! I have ridden in enough Army choppers and the pilots were way cool and did stunts and low flyovers all the time, those were in on base ranges, foreign countries sure but pilots are trained for low level and what vid I saw were out past the shoreline, wtf...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first duty station was Ft. Campbell and they trained all the time doing a lot of terrain / NOE flying. I was fortunate to have met quite a few Apache and Blackhawk pilots working in S-4 and I got to go out and experience some heart-pounding rides during field exercises. Sometimes it got seriously intense. But I loved it in those days. Young and dumb.

      Delete
  7. Maybe the "Ride of the Valkyries" part was a little over the top...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      I loved when they did that during "Apocalypse Now". It made that scene.

      Delete
  8. I agree with BC. I saw the blue angels as a little child. I wanted to be them so bad! I wound up enlisting in the army and going airborne. It cost me my knees. I'd take all those jumps and more in a heartbeat. There ain't nothing else in the world like putting your knees in the breeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your service, Fred.
      I also enlisted and went to Air Assault School at Ft. Benning. Right after that, because I figured I was in the best shape I would ever be in, I went on leave and when I came back, I went to Ft. Bragg for airborne training. Then, finally I went to my first duty station, the 101st Airborne in Ft. Campbell.

      Delete

Update: Enes Kanter Freedom Ejected From WNBA Game For Defining Woman

Enes gives his take on his ejection from the WNBA game: https://x.com/JackThompsonFOX/status/2091756463274246393   https://x.com/nicksortor/...