Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Health Update:

With all the real suffering endured by people in this world and even here in our circle of bloggers, I have put off whining about my health issues as they are these days.

Around the 9th of September I had started a new medication in my nebulizer and it didn't go well. It just didn't "feel" right ... I quit using it after a minute or two and never used it again.

And while I can't lay the blame on that one medication, I was also starting a routine of Prednisone, life has been different since that day. Since that day, my breathing has become much more labored, much harder to get a deep breath, I have virtually no energy and I spend a huge amount of time sleeping.

The doctors are running their tests.

Blogging will continue but at the much reduced rate of the last week or so.

You guys/girls that have been coming here for years will never know the appreciation I feel for you.


35 comments:

  1. Don't worry about us old folks. Take care of yourself. We'll catch up on the "verbal abuse" we heap upon you, at a later time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just don’t know how drugs will affect you until you try them. Hang in there hope things work out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fact. And I actually only did a mixture that was 1/5th of the recommended dosage. I'm thankful that something didn't feel right and I quit after probably just a minute.
      Thanks, Jumpinjn.

      Delete
  3. Very sorry you are feeling so poorly at this time. I have some health issues myself (recovering from blown knee PCL) but breathing must be far more intense. I hope you regain your breathing functions soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon. Praying for your recovery from the PLC.

      Delete
  4. Good afternoon, Karl! I've been reading a lot of "alt" publications. Look at Midwesterndoctor. Then look up the qualities of dmso.

    As always, Prayers out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Marcus. It means a lot.

      (DMSO was actually the treatment I was attempting to use when I turned into a wet noodle. It obviously works for some and not others. It kicked my ass.)

      Delete
    2. At 1/5th of 10%??? Ouch!

      Now, I have heard of plastics that are NOT compatible with it.

      • Compatible: LDPE, HDPE, polypropylene, PPCO (polypropylene copolymer), polymethylpentene, nylon, teflon FEP
      • Moderately compatible: polystyrene, ECTFE/ETFE
      • Incompatible: polysulfone, flexible and rigid PVC tubing, polycarbonate

      https://deeprootsathome.com/nebulize-glutathione-for-smoke-cough-copd-asthma-bronchitis/

      Delete
    3. I'll check out the info, but the plastics aren't what's concerning me.

      Delete
  5. Praying, they find the right combination to get you some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the witch doctors figure out something quickly! If not, a combination of Vick's Vapo-Rub on the chest and a large spoonful of authentic wasabi paste should clear you right up! 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B.C., the Vicks actually does give give me a little relief from time to time but with emphysema, the fumes can get a little intense
      I ain't even gonna pretend like I'm badass enough for wasabi.

      Delete
  7. Prednisone can put the hurt to ya, for some folks anyways. Take your time, we will be here for you!

    Tom762

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Yes sir, Prednisone can be a blessing or a curse. I've only used it a few times. Every experience has been good. Bu this last time, there was more in the cauldron, so I don't know.

      Delete
  8. Be ahead of the game. Do your own research, especially about drug interactions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always done as much research as I can.
      I was one of the first people put on medical leave while they tried to justify firing me for refusing to take the clot-shot.
      Some of the medications out there today, such as dmso, don't have piles of published studies.

      Delete
    2. I apply DMSO on me every day and it has results.

      Delete
    3. If I may ask, why are you using it, and what is it accomplishing.
      I have 99.995 pure. How are you mixing it.

      Delete
    4. I started using it for knee pain, worn out cartilages. I have been pain free with my knees for years. I noticed it helped heal venous ulcers on my legs faster and used it on my arms to to help combat pre-cancerous lesion that infest my arms, especially my left arm, the one that lays on the window track when I drive. They also eliminate old age spots, again over my arms. I too use a 99%+ DMSO gel formula that has a ball roller like the old deodorant packages. I don't mix it with anything, just roll over the area I want treated.

      Delete
    5. I have a Ventolin HFA inhaler I use as an emergency inhaler, women who duck themselves into a 55 gallon of cheap perfume or strong chemical smells. I use it for COPD and severe bronchitis. I was exposed to VX and Sarin gas being destroyed in industrial furnaces. The MP barracks(WW2 style) were about 150 feet from the enclosure fence. Later while working for AirGas of Portland was exposed to Anhydrous Ammonia from a leaky valve that the alarm never sounded. That scarred a small portion of the upper lobes of my lungs. Fortunately I don't suffer from emphysema like you do. The docs think my diabetes and my MS sprung from the VXX/Sarin gas exposure. I am in a class action suit with the US Army and the manufactures of those gases but it has been ongoing for almost twenty years and there is no headway gained, just like Agent Orange...

      Delete
    6. So glad that you're getting good use out of the DMSO. I've heard good stuff.
      My body rejected it flat out.
      It sounds like your lungs have been treated really badly through no fault of your own.
      I will add that class action lawsuit to my prayer list ... but I know how the military likes to lie about what happened even after they're caught.

      Most of all ... Cederq, I salute you for all you're suffering through today because of your service to the country.

      Delete
  9. Us older folk are sure the sufferers of every malady that can possess us. I pray you find the right combo of inhalants and medicine to tamp down your difficulties. Prednisone is a wicked corticosteroid, help you one day, bite your ass the next. As long as you don't get thrush you'll be fine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cederq. Even when you can't give a diagnosis or prognosis, I've always felt better after hearing your advice on medical issues.

      Delete
  10. Agree with Cederq - I really hope you find the magic potion that works! While you're looking, though, remember that docs get their drug info from drug salesmen, and in most cases don't know any more about what they're recommending than what the salesman said.
    Never take a drug without first researching it thoroughly on the 'net. Search the name of the drug with a word like 'reviews', 'side effects'. Also, preferably use a non-Leftist search engine. Yandex . com is the only one I know of which searches based on your search terms and not on its own agenda.
    Be well, Sir. We love seeing you here. -V. in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing... I've never used this site, but I've known people who swear by it. https://www.curezone.org/forums/search.asp?q=nebulizer&action=CureZone+Search

      Remember, a drug salesman's job is to sell and in many cases a doc gets, um, "compensated" for prescribing what that salesman is selling.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, that last one was also from me -- V. in Oregon. :)

      Delete
  11. As always prayers for you Karl and the Mrs Karl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as always, Toot, we appreciate it and send some back to you.

      Delete
  12. Do you have a medical advocate? Someone that can speak up for you and get you the treatment you need?

    My brother-in-law did not have one. The third time he went to the doctor with the same thing (i.e., they still hadn't cured him), they put him on a morphine drip and starved him to death. He was 63.

    Similar story for my mother-in-law. Third time with same issue, morphine drip, and death.

    We aren't supposed to have euthanasia in the US, but in practice, we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pay for a Medicare supplement plan and I think they are supposed to fill that role but they do very little.

      Delete
  13. Hey Karl, Sorry to hear of the set back.
    I'm on prednisone right now after my biopsy last friday put me in hospital for 3 days.
    I don't like pred.
    For COPD I am taking a steroid puffer called BREZ-TRI. It opens me up very well and breathing is a lot easier. Hardly ever use the emergency puffer Ventoline anymore. Made a world of difference since I started it.
    Continued Prayers for you and your Wife.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gerald. I don't like prednisone either, but in one case, it brought me back from a huge breathing issue.
      Breztri is very good. I get those 20 dose freebies when I can (seldom) from my doctor, but my insurance won't pay for it and it's over $1,000 OOP. I'm glad you are getting good results from it.
      You didn't say .... how did the biopsies go, or have you heard?

      Delete

Political Meme/Cartoons - 9.23.2026