1959 Saturday Evening Post Cover ~ Norman Rockwell ~ Jury Room / The Holdout
I just saw this and liked it. The 'holdout' has been around forever. I've got a feeling that they are all trying to help her see the truth from beyond the veil of feminist bullshit.
I was on a jury. All but me voted guilty; the charge was possession of cocaine. It was based on "the policeman saw a white crystalline substance." I asked if they had tested it. No! Everyone switched to not guilty. Probably guilty (guy seemed a little shady) but it could have been a powdered donut. It does take balls when everyone wants to be done and go home. Right is right though.
ReplyDeleteYou got to do the right thing. Sometimes you know it's not what you would want ... but it's the right thing. You did the right thing.
DeleteI'm surprised there was even a charge brought up with no test.
It was secondary to possession for sale. All voted not guilty on that charge. He had moved into a home where the dude was really dealing (and was convicted) but to us jurors it seemed that there was reasonable doubt as to whether it was a poor housing choice vs being actively involved. The simple possession charge seemed like fishing, and when we found out that it hadn't been tested, it was over.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was on a jury in an assault case, we hung 11 to 1 for guilty. The defendant took the stand and said, "Yeah, I hit him." One juror refused to listen oral testimony claiming witnesses are terrible evidence, even the defendant saying he did it.
ReplyDelete