San Jose orders Christian pastor feeding more than 1,000 people a day to shut down his free grocery line — or face fines of up to $20,000 per day.
A pastor is giving away food to people who cannot afford groceries, and the local government is threatening him with financial ruin over zoning regulations.
According to the report, Lighthouse feeds more than 1,000 people every day, five days a week, providing milk, eggs, meat, fresh produce, and other essentials to families struggling with California’s high cost of living.
The organization also prepares specialized food boxes for people with diabetes, vegetarians, and homeless residents who need ready-to-eat meals.
Here’s where the story becomes even more astonishing.
In March 2022, the City of San Jose itself published an official tribute to the Lighthouse Ministries Food Pantry, celebrating Olmos and his volunteers as community heroes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In its official city government feature, San Jose praised the ministry for providing free groceries and essential supplies to vulnerable residents.
The same government that once celebrated Pastor Olmos as a community hero is now threatening his ministry with massive penalties.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2026/10/only-california-san-jose-orders-pastor-feeding-more/

The real question is, did someone complain? I know some officials go full Nazi on zoning regulations, but I think most enforcement issues come from an actual complaint. Is there a nearby business that is tired of having to deal with 1000 people a day standing in line on the sidewalk? Or the traffic nightmare that must cause? I'd have to know more before making a judgment. The linked article makes it sound as if it's nothing more than a zoning issue - but I can't imagine feeding that many people a day doesn't create a little problem for the neighbors.
ReplyDeleteAgain, most times I'm in favor of hanging bureaucrats from lampposts. But I'd need more info before making a decisions here.
I'd have to parrot Don above about the zoning and if a formal complaint had been filed, even the link to the Gateway Pundit did not address that. I lived one time way down the street from a store front ministry that did a come to Jesus movement and also help with groceries and had a soup kitchen and the riff raff that hung around that place and traffic congestion was a problem and theft in that immediate area was rampart, every thing you owned had to be put away and locked up or it disappeared. I didn't have much sympathies for most of the cliental of the place.
ReplyDeleteI am most adamant of hanging bureaucrats and politicians during their term for even the tiniest infraction of their oath or contract. Maybe that would fix the glaring problem.