Kiya Burgess, 25, a local seamstress, won the “Night of 250 Benjamin Franklins” contest Friday night on Independence Mall right by the Liberty Bell. She beat more than 30 other contestants with her handmade costume, powdered wig, and prop kite.
As you might suspect, Kiya Burgess does not look even remotely like Benjamin Franklin — unlike the guy on the right:
Sponsored by Netflix?
ReplyDelete-lg
Or Disney?
DeleteActually think there's a strong chance that maybe the competition just judge the costume not how closely the contestant resembled Benjamin Franklin I would think a seamstress would probably have better luck creating something authentic than say I would!
DeleteQuite frankly I want to encourage every single American to study American history and appreciate the depth and breath of our American story. If you haven't read Benjamin Franklin's autobiography it is incredible and highly entertaining to boot!
DeleteWould not a look alike contest be judged on what a person looks like?
ReplyDeleteYou would think that it would at least be a part of a "look-alike" contest ... right?
DeleteI can't wait for a 350-lb Ghetto Queen with a glued-on beard to win the Ernest Hemingway look-alike contest in Key West.
ReplyDeleteThese days, it probably wouldn't need to be a glued-on beard ... and EEEWWW.
DeleteGee, does that mean I can dress up as a ghetto hood rat, george floyd and win a george floyd look-a-like contest? I won't need a tailor or a seamstress to make a costume just hit a ghetto thrift shop and a local drug dealer and counterfeiter for the proper props.
ReplyDeleteIf it happens we want photos.
DeleteI hope this boosts the career of this talented young seamstress. She might not look like Ben but she knocked the costume out of the park.
ReplyDeleteYeah, never mind that she looked nothing like the person that was the subject of the "Look Alike" contest.
DeleteWhat a stupid DEI black-ass sucking comment.
She looks like a sheboon to me
ReplyDeleteAnd THAT'S how this sheboon won a contest, in which she was the least qualified out of the entire field. DEI rules Philadelphia.
DeleteWe're not going to make it...and don't deserve to.
ReplyDeleteIt does look like the liberals, progressives, socialists, commies, and Democrats are dragging us into hell as fast as they can.
DeleteAll right sure curiosity I had to go and look at the rules and quite frankly there are any they're encouraged to dress and carry props and the winner is simply judged by the amount of applause in the audience and looking at some of the other contestants I'm pretty darn glad that they chose this one trust me there were worse choices!
ReplyDeleteAsinine comment. In the video, the man standing next to the DEI winner was almost a perfect look-alike for Franklin.
DeleteYou obviously have libtard leanings and your opinion means nothing here.
Go be stupid somewhere else.
She only won because somebody initiated a quota of sorts. I am SOOOOO tired of this shit!
ReplyDeleteTom762
Exactly, Tom. Me too.
Delete