Saturday, July 18, 2026

Olive Garden Just Made The Case For Voter ID

When you're confident that your plate of spaghetti is more secure than your country's elections, you know you're in trouble.

Social media users, especially those of the conservative kind, are abuzz Friday after the Olive Garden social media team accidentally made the case for why Congress should pass the SAVE America Act when they posted a tweet about its Never-Ending Pasta Pass.

Apparently, Thursday was a big day for Americans, not only because President Trump unsealed a treasure trove of documents related to election integrity, but also because the Pasta Pass went on sale. And Olive Garden was busy promoting the sale, reminding customers that it began promptly at 2 PM ET.

Customers were instructed to log onto PastaPass.com to claim one of the 10,000 passes on sale. Each pass cost $100 and allowed the holder to get unlimited dine-in access to Olive Garden’s Never-Ending Pasta Bowl for 13 weeks, including unlimited pasta-and-sauce combinations, the ability to add and switch protein toppings, a choice of never-ending soup or salad, and unlimited breadsticks. 

One interested party, Superpowermario, wanted more specifics before purchasing. For instance, if they were to buy one pass, could they use it to feed their entire family?

The answer was a very firm "No" from Olive Garden. The pass, it turns out, can only be used by the passholder, who must present the pass along with valid photo ID in order to access their plates of pasta.



The reactions on social media were as amazing as you'd expect them to be.




https://redstate.com/terichristoph/2026/07/17/olive-garden-accidentally-makes-the-case-for-voter-id-n2204439


Babylon Bee, as usual, was way ahead on another Olive Garden controversy.


6 comments:

  1. After nursing, I went to work at Air Gas delivering bulk gas products, mainly O2. My tanker had to be recertified every six months and while it was in the shop for about a week being certified I delivered Argon, Nitrogen, Hydrogen, CO2. I got dispatched to run a load of CO2 to two Olive Garden restaurants in Portland, they had internal CO2 tanks which I had to connect my feed line and my vacuum line inside the kitchen to fill. I damn near puked my lunch when I got into the kitchen at both places! A multi-pig sty would have been cleaner and not smell as bad as those two places! Ever since then I have never ate at a Olive Garden, I don't care where it was or how clean it was in the seating area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, that's surprising to me. I've only eaten at OG one time in my life, many years ago, and it just wasn't worth it for me not being a real pasta lover and I don't eat a lot of bread. And it seemed overpriced to me for pasta.
      But I was under the impression that it would be a clean place.
      If they are dirty, then I can only imagine what the questionable places look like.
      Thankfully for the last 10 or so years, my wife and I have just gotten to the point where we would rather cook at home most of the time. We get 95% of our produce from the local farmer market, and we have a local butcher who will custom cut for no extra charge and the rest we Instacart from Publix.

      Delete
  2. There's only a few places my wife and I will eat out. My health is too important to gamble on somebody's questionable hygiene. Since we got real selective about dining out we don't get sick nearly as much as we used to... And it really helps that my wife is a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed about the health issues, Fred. We feel the same way. We both have health issues that we feel we shouldn't do anything to exaggerate or complicate them. So we use food we can trust to make our meals at home.
      And I also was lucky enough to earn a second look from a woman who is a great cook and I have inherited decent southern grilling and cooking skills.

      Delete
    2. Do you have a smoker? If not, i recommend that you get a wood burning smoker. BBQ is it's own food group. And sitting in the shade babysitting it is a wonderful way to avoid hard work.

      Delete
    3. I've thought about it for years but haven't made that move yet. The butcher I use sells some of the best smoked meat I've ever tasted. So I have avoided the purchase of the smoker and just take advantage of the work already being done.

      Delete

Lake America And MAGA Mallards

I know he breathes to serve his liberal base but every once in a while he can't help but to interject a little common sense. https://x.c...