Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday Rides

1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible RT

 472 Hemi - 4.11 Rear - TTI Headers - 3" Exhaust

(I would hate that white interior, but I'd drive it.)




10 comments:

  1. 472 Hemi, eh? Get your AI some glasses. It can't read the '426' badge on the shaker.
    Only 472 I know of was a Cadillac engine.
    --Tennessee Budd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go argue with Classic Cars. They are the ones that sold this car with the mystical engine.
      https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1298844/1971-dodge-challenger-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260
      Ain't no AI here, smartass.

      Delete
  2. @Tennessee Budd

    A 472 Hemi is a bored and stroked 426. Several reputable engine builders have put them together. I have a Ray Barton Engines version.

    The bigger issue is the convertible was no longer available in R/T configuration for 1971. Biggest engine you could get in a convertible was the 383 Magnum. Hemi and 440 in R/T coupes only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McGee, here is a link to the car:
      https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1298844/1971-dodge-challenger-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260

      Delete
    2. There have been more than a few made, just pointing out this one wasn't made by Dodge. According to the VIN it started life with a 318.

      Is it a nice car? Hell yes. I would drive the wheels off it.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I didn't dig that deep. I saw a car that I liked, dug up some better pictures and a little info and posted it.
      Thanks for the extra info and, yes sir, I would drive the wheels off it also.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm not a convertible guy but this is a sweet ride. I want mine in a hardtop.
      Ummm .... I could drive yours for you if you want ... seeing that the toes on your gas pedal foot might not reach any more .... js.

      Delete
  4. If you can afford the car you can probably afford to reupholster it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do both, but I'm not prone to making frivolous choices like that in my life.

      Delete

Indycar Freedom 250 Grand Prix

Pre-race coverage begins at 11:30 AM. ET, Aug. 23rd, on FOX, with the race slated to begin at 1 PM ET. I’m not an IndyCar fan but I do catch...