I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will not vote for Paxton. End of story. If the GOP/MAGA wants my vote they will have to nominate a passable candidate.
I don't know what issues JDH has against Paxton, but I think I understand where he's coming from. My own congressman (zach nunn) is up for reelection and he has a history of voting with democrats on several occasions. So it comes down to do I just not vote for him and give his opponent, a raving lunatic, a better chance or do I hold my nose and vote for him because he's the (slightly) lesser of two evils. It's a shame the republican party has been filled with so much useless flotsam. -lg
I don't know what issues JDH has with Paxton but I can think of a long list of potential reasons why people may not want to vote for the guy. Paxton was impeached for bribery by Republicans, committed voter fraud by claiming residency at a home he left years ago, stole from the court building and many more.
The one that would stop me from voting for Paxton if I was in Texas is that Paxton allowed a pedophile to walk free with one day in jail because the pedo in question was connected to a donor. The victim was 8 years old but the plea deal that Paxton offered didn't include the age of the victim and therefore the pedo didn't have to register as a sex offender. Thanks to Paxton there is a pedophile walking free and nobody knows where he lives. Horrible stuff. We don't need anymore pedophile protectors in Washington. We already have more than enough
On the meme about voting... To paraphrase Joe Stalin—"I encourage everyone to vote, because it is not who votes that counts; BUT who counts the votes." Do you know who is counting the votes in your county AND do you trust them to count and report them correctly?
The last one! Thanks Karl.
ReplyDelete2nd to the last one, too.
Delete-lg
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will not vote for Paxton. End of story.
ReplyDeleteIf the GOP/MAGA wants my vote they will have to nominate a passable candidate.
JDH
You sir are an idiot Talarico voter then. How can people be so stupid?
DeleteHey Anon 7:34. Are you aware that people can also not vote or write a candidate in? Not voting for Paxton is not the same as voting for Talarico
DeleteI don't know what issues JDH has against Paxton, but I think I understand where he's coming from. My own congressman (zach nunn) is up for reelection and he has a history of voting with democrats on several occasions. So it comes down to do I just not vote for him and give his opponent, a raving lunatic, a better chance or do I hold my nose and vote for him because he's the (slightly) lesser of two evils.
DeleteIt's a shame the republican party has been filled with so much useless flotsam.
-lg
I don't know what issues JDH has with Paxton but I can think of a long list of potential reasons why people may not want to vote for the guy.
DeletePaxton was impeached for bribery by Republicans, committed voter fraud by claiming residency at a home he left years ago, stole from the court building and many more.
The one that would stop me from voting for Paxton if I was in Texas is that Paxton allowed a pedophile to walk free with one day in jail because the pedo in question was connected to a donor. The victim was 8 years old but the plea deal that Paxton offered didn't include the age of the victim and therefore the pedo didn't have to register as a sex offender. Thanks to Paxton there is a pedophile walking free and nobody knows where he lives.
Horrible stuff. We don't need anymore pedophile protectors in Washington. We already have more than enough
Good Humpday morning, Karl!
ReplyDeleteAlways will be a misogynist, 'nuff said!
Hope you're feeling better! Prayers stiil out!
Thank you, Marcus.
DeleteMe too..
On the meme about voting...
ReplyDeleteTo paraphrase Joe Stalin—"I encourage everyone to vote, because it is not who votes that counts; BUT who counts the votes." Do you know who is counting the votes in your county AND do you trust them to count and report them correctly?
I am a misogynist from way back and quite proud of it!
ReplyDeleteFunny how all the butt ugly women diss good looking women, ya think they be envious?